Saturday, November 04, 2006

Nikon close-up NO. 4T.

From Micro


Nikon close-up no. 4T is a close-up attachment lens. It enables a normal lens to focus on closer subjects. In other words, it is a cheap way to get a macro (or shall I say "micro") lens. In its manual, Nikon said it is "designed primarily for use with telephoto lenses ranging in focal length from 85mm and 200mm." I just use it with my 50mm lens. Here is a sample shot
From Micro


This is taken directly from my D50 camera. No cropping or post-processing. The diameter of the coin is 4cm. You can do some math to figure out the magnification ratio. I guess this one is around 1:4 and I believe you can do at least 1:3.

In the manual, it says, used with 105 f/2.5, it can give a reproduction ratio of 1:2.2-3.2.

You can buy this from Amazon.com .


Sample shot added 11/17/2006:

From Micro
taken with D50, AF Nikkor 50mm f1.8 + 4T @ f/4 and 1/160s, handheld. I did find some support for my arm.

No comments: