Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Quick Thoughts about Nikon J1/V1

They are interesting cameras and have many innovative features: phase-detection AF, unprecedented high data throughput. Most importantly, it can take regular sized Nikon lenses through an adaptor.

However, there are a few things that I don't like:

Both cameras are pricey. V1 is more expensive than Nikon D5100, which I believe takes much better pictures. (I don't own a Nikon V1, but the difference in the sensor sizes is obvious.)

The J1 does not have a viewfinder. That will limit its usability in outdoor situations.

The V1 does not have swirl screen. That is a significant drawback. I currently have a Nikon D5100. One of the reasons that I bought it instead of the D7000 is because it has a swirl (articulated) screen. (The other reason is the price.)

No comments: